New Mexico's 25% Refundable Tax Credit
New Mexico offers a 25% film production refundable tax credit with full assistance by the NM State Film Office and the NM Taxation & Revenue Department throughout the entire process. Our website walks you through this painless process. Please take the time to review it completely.
- No minimum budget requirement
- No minimum spend requirement
- No minimum shoot day requirement
- No minimum resident hire requirement
- No prequalifying No brokers needed
- A $50M received each July (“rolling cap”)
- A dedicated “Film Unit” at the NM Tax & Rev Dept.
Receive a 25% Tax Credit on all direct production expenditure (which includes New Mexico crew) and expenditures for post production services that are subject to taxation by the State of New Mexico. Eligible productions include feature films, independent films, television, regional and national commercials, documentaries, animation, video games, webisodes, and post-production. Non-resident actors and on-camera stunt performers may also qualify.
New Mexico 25% Tax Credit Frequently Asked Questions