In conjunction with the New Mexico Film Office, the NM Tourism Department has developed an initiative to organize and promote film tourism throughout our state.
Maps and descriptions are available on the State's Tourism site, that list the major films that have been produced in New Mexico. These (downloadable) maps will display six state regions showing film locations and attractions to visit and explore.
Get the entire State Film Tourism map here. (Map is 9.3 Mb in size)
The Tourism Department is also creating New Mexico True Adventures based on films shot in New Mexico. If you are a New Mexico business that offers a tourist attraction related to film and would like to be considered to be included in one of these adventures, please email Jordan Guenther describing your services. The current adventure theme is based on the popular television production "Breaking Bad." If you are a local vendor that had some affiliation with this production and have services or attractions that relate to tourism, be sure to contact Tourism as soon as possible for consideration.
Local chambers, cities and tribes are also creating ways to participate:
- webpages with movies made in the given area with location details
- standardized signs in stores with visual clues about those locations
- walking or driving tours, either self-guided or guided
- memorabilia of films and celebrity visits displayed in businesses
- film promotional displays in public areas
- local movie-themed events
- restaurant dishes with a film location tie aptly named...