In conjunction with the NM Tourism Department, the New Mexico Film Office is developing an initiative to organize and promote film tourism throughout our state.
Currently, the Film Office has created maps, soon to be available on the State's Tourism site, that will list the major films that have been produced in New Mexico. These (downloadable) maps will display six different state regions displaying film locations and attractions to visit and explore.
The Tourism Department is also creating New Mexico True Adventures based on films shot in New Mexico. If you are a New Mexico business that offers a tourist attraction related to film and would like to be considered to be included in one of these adventures, please email Jordan Guenther describing your services. The first adventure theme, soon to be launched, will be based on the recently produced Disney feature, "The Lone Ranger". If you are a local vendor that had some affiliation with this production and have services or attractions that relate to tourism, be sure to contact Tourism as soon as possible for consideration.
Local chambers, cities and tribes are also creating ways to participate:
- webpages with movies made in the given area with location details
- standardized signs in stores with visual clues about those locations
- walking or driving tours, either self-guided or guided
- memorabilia of films and celebrity visits displayed in businesses
- film promotional displays in public areas
- local movie-themed events
- restaurant dishes with a film location tie aptly named...