Tax Credit Information
New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department (NMTRD) has a Film Unit dedicated to the Film Production Tax Credit. CLICK HERE for the latest NMTRD information, forms, qualified vendors and the application to become a qualified vendor.
- RPD-41229 Application for Film Production Tax Credit Form to apply for Film Tax Credit when project was produced, prior to January 1, 2016.
- RPD-41381 Application for Film Production Tax Credit Form to apply for Film Tax Credit for projects starting Principle Photography prior to July 1, 2019
- RPD-41391 Application for New Film Production Tax Credit Form to apply for New Film Production Tax Credit starting on or after July 1, 2019.
- RPD-41228 Film Production Tax Credit Claim Form to be submitted with Income Tax Return.
- RPD-41380 Notice of Assignment of Film Production Tax Credit Form to be submitted with Income Tax Return is refund is sent to an assignee.
- RPD-41271 Declaration of Residency Form is to be completed by all NM Residents.
- RPD-41366 Notice of Distribution of Film Production Tax Credit
- RPD-41392 Qualified Film Vendor The purpose of this form is to assist film production companies in determining qualified New Mexico vendors by building a qualified film vendor list. Submit application to TRD-FilmCredit@state.nm.us.
- FYI-370 Information Regarding Film Production Tax Credits
- 5% Uplift Zone Film Tax Credit Map: 2019 Senate Bill 2 Section 8 A. (1)
- Qualified Film Vendor List
For questions regarding the Applications for Film Production Tax Credit or the review for film credit, and/or expenditure qualifications, please email: TRD-FilmCredit@state.nm.us or call 505-795-1735.
For questions regarding filing RPD-41228 Film-Related Tax Credit Claim Form, RPD-41380, Notice of Assignment of Film Production Tax Credit, RPD-41366 Notice of Distribution of Film Production Tax Credit, and/or tax returns or refund questions, please email: email@example.com or call 505-827-0792.