- Once you have decided to film in New Mexico, Register with the Taxation and Revenue Department at the link below as soon as possible. Doing so will help expedite the registration process with the Film Office.
- Register with the State of New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department
- At least 30 calendar days before principal photography/audiovisual media/stand-alone post begins, complete and send forms 1-8 (and 9-11 if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NMFO PROJECT REGISTRATION
- BUSINESS TAX REGISTRATION (BTRU) or business registration certificate
- TAX INFORMATION AUTHORIZATION (TIA)
- BACK2ONE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- Back2One Document
- SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- Safety Bulletins
- NMFO Emergency Contact Numbers
- PRESS RELEASE QUESTIONNAIRE
- BUDGET TOP SHEET
- (provided by production & needs to show total budget & NM only budget)
- FILM CREW ADVANCEMENT PAPERWORK (FCAP) (if participating this must be submitted at least 30 days before filming begins and training dates begin when the FCAP agreement is fully executed and will not include dates prior to the contract date). Click here to see if your production qualifies for FCAP
- PROOF OF MEDIA BUYS (Commercials Only)
- PROOF OF FUNDS
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
FYI-370 overview of film tax credit -includes information about qualified expenses
Qualified Production Facilities (QPF) list
5% Uplift Zone (Rural) map
Letter of certification/production meeting
Upon receipt, review, and approval of all registration documents, the NMFO will email the project a letter of certification, certifying that the project will be eligible to apply for a tax credit amount no larger than stated in the letter
Productions will be invited to attend a pre-production meeting to review the tax credit process and answer any questions that they might have
If the information provided on the registration form changes, a revised registration will need to be submitted to the NMFO as soon as possible
Before the start of principal photography
Within 30 days of the last date of NM principal photography/project end date: complete and submit the following to email@example.com.
FINAL VENDOR LIST (EXCEL FORMAT)
FINAL CREW LIST (EXCEL FORMAT)
TAX CREDIT APPLICATION
Complete and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org within one year of the date of the last eligible expenditure in New Mexico:
- CONFIRMATION OF NO FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS form.
- NRCE/GIVEBACK form. Productions will use the estimated NRCE credit max amount to calculate
the giveback amount. The calculation can be found on page 13 of the FYI-370.
- GIVEBACK CONFIRMATION: Giveback Options
- TAX CREDIT APPLICATION Film Production Tax Credit: Tax Professionals (newmexico.gov)
5 High-Resolution Photos (JPEG/PDF) with rights cleared for
promotional use by NMFO. List title of production, location, names, and
titles of individuals and photo credit.
Photos must be taken in New Mexico and include:
- New Mexico Film Crew at work at identifiable New Mexico locations.
- Featured talent at identifiable New Mexico locations.
- END CREDIT SCREENSHOT using the following: