BEFORE YOU BEGIN FILMING/WORK ON YOU PROJECT
1. REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTION COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS IN THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO
Once you have decided to film in New Mexico, Register with the Taxation and Revenue Department at the link below as soon as possible. Doing so will help expedite the registration process with the Film Office. link
2. SEND THE FOLLOWING TO THE NMFO
At least 30 calendar days before principal photography/audiovisual media/stand-alone post begins, complete and send the following required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions cannot be processed.
- NMFO PROJECT REGISTRATION FORM link
- BUSINESS TAX REGISTRATION (BTRU) link
or business registration certificate
- TAX INFORMATION AUTHORIZATION (TIA) link
- SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT link
NMFO Emergency Contact Numbers
- PRESS RELEASE QUESTIONNAIRE link
- PRODUCTION ONE-LINER AND/OR LIST OF FILMING LOCATIONS (CITY ONLY) AND DATES
- PROOF OF FUNDS
- BUDGET TOP SHEET
this is provided by production & needs to show the total budget and the total New Mexico budget
- FILM CREW ADVANCEMENT PAPERWORK (FCAP)
(if participating, this must be submitted at least 30 days before filming begins and training dates begin when the FCAP agreement is fully executed and will not include dates before the contract date).
Click here to see if your production qualifies for FCAP.
- PROOF OF MEDIA BUYS (Commercials Only)
- ADD email@example.com TO THE DAILY CALL-SHEET EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- FYI-370 overview of film tax credit - includes information about qualified expenses
LETTER OF CERTIFICATION AND PRE-PRODUCTION MEETING
LETTER OF CERTIFICATION
Upon receipt, review, and approval of all registration documents, the NMFO will email the project a letter of certification, certifying that the project will be eligible to apply for a tax credit.
Productions will be invited to attend a pre-production meeting to review the tax credit process and answer questions.
Within 60 days of the last eligible expenditure in New Mexico: complete and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPLETION OF PROJECT NOTICE link
FINAL VENDOR LIST (in EXCEL FORMAT)
FINAL CREW LIST (in EXCEL FORMAT)
STATS FORM link
TAX CREDIT APPLICATION
Within one year of the last eligible expenditure in New Mexico, Complete and submit the following to email@example.com
- CONFIRMATION OF NO FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS link
- NRCE/GIVEBACK link
Productions will use the estimated NRCE credit max amount to calculate
the giveback amount. The calculation can be found on page 13 of the FYI-370.
- GIVEBACK CONFIRMATION: Giveback Options
- TAX CREDIT APPLICATION link
5 High-Resolution Photos (JPEG/PDF) with rights cleared for
promotional use by NMFO. List the production title, photo location, names and
titles of individuals in the photo, and the photo credit.
Photos must be taken in New Mexico and include:
- New Mexico Film Crew at work at identifiable New Mexico locations.
- Featured talent at identifiable New Mexico locations.
- END CREDIT SCREENSHOT use the following: