BEFORE YOU BEGIN FILMING/WORK ON YOU PROJECT
1. REGISTER YOUR PRODUCTION COMPANY TO DO BUSINESS IN THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO
Once you have decided to film in New Mexico, Register with the Taxation and Revenue Department at the link below as soon as possible. Doing so will help expedite the registration process with the Film Office. link
2. SEND THE FOLLOWING TO THE NMFO
At least 30 calendar days before principal photography/audiovisual media/stand-alone post begins, complete and send the following required documents to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions cannot be processed.
- NMFO PROJECT REGISTRATION FORM link
- BUSINESS TAX REGISTRATION (BTRU) link
or business registration certificate
- TAX INFORMATION AUTHORIZATION (TIA) link
- SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT link
NMFO Emergency Contact Numbers
- PRESS RELEASE QUESTIONNAIRE link
- PRODUCTION ONE-LINER AND/OR LIST OF FILMING LOCATIONS (CITY ONLY) AND DATE
- PROOF OF FUNDS (must show funding for at least 75% of the total budget)
- Can include: SAG bonds, IATSE bonds, banks statements, signed financing agreements, etc.
- BUDGET TOP SHEET
this is provided by production & needs to show the total budget and the total New Mexico budget
- FILM CREW ADVANCEMENT PAPERWORK (FCAP)
(if participating, this must be submitted at least 30 days before filming begins and training dates begin when the FCAP agreement is fully executed and will not include dates before the contract date).
Click here to see if your production qualifies for FCAP.
- PROOF OF MEDIA BUYS (Commercials Only)
- ADD firstname.lastname@example.org TO THE DAILY CALL-SHEET EMAIL DISTRIBUTION LIST
LINKS TO ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
- FYI-370 overview of film tax credit - includes information about qualified expenses
LETTER OF CERTIFICATION AND PRE-PRODUCTION MEETING
LETTER OF CERTIFICATION
Upon receipt, review, and approval of all registration documents, the NMFO will email the project a letter of certification, stating the production is eligible for the film tax credit.
Productions will be invited to attend a pre-production meeting to review the tax credit process and answer questions.
Within 60 days of the last eligible expenditure in New Mexico: complete and submit the following to email@example.com.
COMPLETION OF PROJECT NOTICE link
FINAL VENDOR LIST (in EXCEL FORMAT)
FINAL CREW LIST (in EXCEL FORMAT)
STATS FORM link
TAX CREDIT APPLICATION
Within one year of the last eligible expenditure in New Mexico, Complete and submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CONFIRMATION OF NO FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS link
- NRCE/GIVEBACK FORMS Pre-FY24 (principal photography date BEFORE July 1, 2023) production NRCE spreadsheet link
- NRCE/GIVEBACK FORMS FY24 (principal photography date AFTER July 1, 2023) production NRCE spreadsheet link
Giveback is only for productions whose first day of principal photography is on or before June 30, 2023.
The NRCE calculation can be found on page 6 of the FYI-370.
- GIVEBACK CONFIRMATION: Giveback Options
- TAX CREDIT APPLICATION (form rpd-41418) link
- ACCOUNT LEDGER
- Must be in Excel Format, for each expense account the taxpayer is claiming. This should tie back to the application (NM payroll, accounts payable, petty cash, NRCE, journal entries, super loan outs/direct hire talent, post production, qualified production facility uplifts, rural uplifts, TV pilot/television series uplift)
5 High-Resolution Photos (JPEG/PDF) with rights cleared for
promotional use by NMFO. List the production title, photo location, names and
titles of individuals in the photo, and the photo credit.
Photos must be taken in New Mexico and include:
- New Mexico Film Crew at work at identifiable New Mexico locations.
- Featured talent at identifiable New Mexico locations.
- END CREDIT SCREENSHOT use the following: